Scriptable Converter is a in development tool which converts .CSV and .XML file into Scriptable Objects in Unity.
This tool is very useful in a pipeline where non-coder people have to work on game data.
It allows them to define and tweak those datas on Microsoft Excel, for example, and then convert it as ScriptableObject in Unity.
– Download and put the unity package directly into your Unity project.
– Create a ScriptableObject script to store your data and generate an empty one.
– Use the tool to export the empty ScriptableObject to get a template of .CSV or .XML.
– Fill the .CSV or .XML with your data.
– Import the file and let the tool create instances of the Scriptable Object with you data.
– The .XML version works but only with one scriptable object per file for now.
– Moreover, the actual XML serialization forces us to specify the class name of the scriptable object we want to import.
To fix it, I will probably need to code a home made XML serializer which will include the class name and set the nodes to allow multiple objects in a single file.